Wednesday 18 July 2012

Gathering 1.0.5 - 17/07/2012


Gathering 1.0.5 I hear you ask? Well if you remember a while back I did a break-down of the groups I play Magic: The Gathering with, well it seemed fit to make a new code for the group that was my uncle Mark, Bernard, Lee and of course myself; but hey, enough of this and on with the game reports.

I played “Make way for the Big Boys” for the first game and it worked exactly how it was supposed to; it created a wall of death-touching creatures which meant that my opponents didn’t want to attack. Attached to all of them were enchantments, which if tapped, dealt one blow of damage to a creature or opponent. Being that they have death-touch it simply destroys the creature, this thins the herd and makes way for my big “hitters”. However, the two big hitters I managed to play were destroyed before I could use them effectively. 

This game ended up being very long as I was in a defensive/responsive state of play during the game, which in retrospect put everyone in the same boat. In this retrospective mind frame, I shouldn’t have won because Bernard had managed to build up quite the army, but didn’t do anything to anyone and as such got bored; he then conceded to play on the PS3. This left my uncle and Lee, who I had been keeping at bay by destroying their creatures. Lee was playing with his Golem deck, which if left for too long can over power you with vigorous Golem tokens.

In the end I managed to wear them both down, slowly but surely, to my first win of the night.

From this point on, Bernard would not play any more games.

For the second game I played my new favourite deck, “Call for Reinforcements”. It worked a treat again. I walked straight over both Lee and then my uncle with 20+ token creatures. My uncle was playing with his beast deck and had drawn an opening hand with no lands. He decided to take a risk because if he could draw two lands, all the cards afterwards would be land providing cards, setting the deck up perfectly. Unfortunately this was not the case as he only drew one, and by the time he’d drawn a second I had taken Lee and his zombie deck out.

The third and final game of the night was upon us. It was both a short and sweet game. I played my “Greenie Meanies” deck and again, swiftly powered the quick hitter into the game, I was able to conjure trample and power-up spells which lured the others into blocking and consequently powering my cards up even more! Unbelievably uncle had mana problems again.

My uncle decided to concede once I had taken Lee out; I was hoping for more of a challenge from Lee as is first card was a 1/1 with life link, and if he escalated to a life count over 30, he would then have a flying power. This was not the case, which was a real shame in one sense as I wanted a good fight, but at the same time it proves that my deck works in the way that it was designed to.

All in all it was another good night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment