Sunday 20 March 2011

Fire Fight

Fire Fight is my most recently made deck. I have spent so long trying to make this deck, and it was by mistake the cards ended up going together so well. It has only been played 3 maybe 4 times as I haven’t had much time lately for playing MTG. So there hasn’t been much development.
Deck Name: Fire Fight
Deck Size: 75
Deck Colour(s): Red
Description:
This is another mana building deck. Not all my decks, are don’t worry. But the reason for this is to do damage!
The main cards of focus are ‘Fireball’ and ‘Lightning Serpent’.





For these cards to work you need mana. I personally like it when I have a chance to play ‘Lightning Serpent’ to put pressure on your opponents creatures, and trample over with damage, then ‘Fireball’ to rub the salt in the wounds.
So what is giving these cards the power? Many mana spells. My favourite being ‘Rite of Flame’. Two for one! Then the next time you play it 3 for 1!! Then 4 for 1!!! And if you’re lucky enough (then you should buy a lotto ticket) a bargain bucket 5 for 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course no Red mana hungry deck should be without ‘Seething Song’.

All the Artefacts in this deck are mana providing as well. One which my girlfriend brought me to complete the deck, ‘Thran Dynamo’. One turn you have 4 mana, next turn you have 7 maybe 8 mana, which is maths I like.

If you’re on the verge of winning and you happen to have ‘Springleaf Drum’ and ‘Ashnod’s Altar’ out in play, you can get 3 mana out of one creature; which may be of no use to you at this point of the game. Tap it for the mana from ‘Springleaf Drum’ then Sacrifice it for 2 mana from ‘Ashnod’s Altar’.



















Of course there are mana providing creatures. ‘Ginning Ignus’. I find this card to be great if you need a little more mana without the need for anther creature in your attack.

I hadn’t noticed when I made the deck, that I had made elemental creatures one of the main focuses so it was a good job I had included ‘Smokebraider’. I had put this card in to power the ability of ‘Soulbright Flamekin’. But then I realised I had also put in ‘Brighthearth Banneret’ to cut the cost of bringing the creature out, but I realised it will mean I can use the ability of ‘Soulbright Flamekin’ for half the price; so if you had two of them out that would mean a possible 18 mana. Also ‘Lightning Serpent’ is an Elemental. I do like accidental combos!



I also put in some fast moving small hitters just to get things going as you can probably see this could be a slow moving deck if you have a bad hand. Also getting the right cards to build up a big enough amount of mana to take your opponent out in one move is a low success rate. So what have we got? Hastey Goblins. ‘Raging Goblin’, ‘Goblin Striker’ and ‘Kyren Legate’.


I also put in ‘Flamekin Brawler’ a quick power up should see him do some early game damage.

It’s a risky deck with yet I have to win... This may be down to the fact it’s more a one on one style combat. In multi play games I find if you want to take anyone out you must target one player for the whole game, but don’t cry when you do as the remaining player(s) will probably do the same to you. This said, it’s a very fun deck to play and is fast becoming one of my favourites.
Fire Fight Deck List:
                Red Creatures:
                                                Smokebraider x 4
                                                Soulbright Flamekin x 4
                                                Goblin Striker x 2
                                                Flamekin Brawler x 4
                                                Grinning Ignus x 3
                                                Brighthearth Banneret x 4
                                                Raging Goblin
                                                Kyren Legate x 2
                                                Lightning Serpent x 4

                Other Red:

                                                Seething Song x 2
                                                Desperate Ritual
                                                Rite of Flame x 4
                                                Fireball x 4
                                                Titan’s Revenge x 2

                Artefacts:

                                                Wanderer’s Twig x 3
                                                Springleaf Drum x 2
                                                Ashnod’s Altar x 2
                                                Thran Dynamo x 2

                Lands:

                                                Mountain x 25

No comments:

Post a Comment