Tuesday 1 March 2011

Vinegard, Planechase and Archenemy.

I haven’t as yet reviewed any of these sets individually but I will.
My uncle and myself had a day of MTG. That’s sad you may say, but we enjoyed it. Though he wasn’t having much luck with his starting hand and had to mulligan 80% of them. Having all Archenemy decks, Planechase decks and Vinegard character cards, he suggested using all of them in a match.
So we did!
Mark had: The archenemy deck ‘Trample Civilization Underfoot’ and the Vinegard ‘Rofellos’.
I had: The archenemy deck ‘Assemble the Doomsday Machine’ and the Vinegard ‘Multani’.
We used the Planechase planner deck from ‘Elemental Thunder’.
Because we were using Archenemy decks we decided to double the life taken or given from the Vinegards.
Mark’s starting life: 48
My starting life: 36
Now what happens if you mix all the over sized cards together in an uber power duel?
Well not all that much...
We were surprised ourselves, but due to beginning with a bad hand draw and a bad scheme so early in the game, my deck just didn’t do anything.
My deck only drew 3 creatures in the whole game.
 I was never going to be a driving force of damage so I was relying on scheme cards, but the second one I drew was ‘I Know All, I See All’. Being an ongoing scheme I would have to wait till 3 or more cards where put in a graveyard before I could set another... This never happened.
Now Mark was having better luck by actually putting creatures in play therefore doing damage to me. Not only that, but once I had got my first creature out, he drew the scheme card ‘Nature Demands an Offering’
I then got ‘Lodestone Golem’ out. His next scheme card was ‘Every Last Vestige Shall Rot’ which then put it on the bottom of the deck. As soon as ‘Sundering Titan’ was brought out he drew another ‘Every last Vestige Shall Rot’.
As you can see I was just a sitting duck. There wasn’t the amazing epic battle that we were wishing for.
Even when we played again using the other two Archenemy decks I had the same luck, and again was just walked all over. This was disappointing. What we hoped for was a long hard battle of over powered cards. We shall no doubt play games like this again, and I hope to have something a lot better to report back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment