Tuesday 15 February 2011

Chickens make themselves yummy


You’re probably thinking I’m crazy. Well I am. BUT am I?
I was making myself a chicken and mayonnaise sandwich earlier and this is when I thought chickens bring this upon themselves. Chicken is nice on its own. We know this through the fact we eat so much of it. Around 8 billion chickens are consumed each year.
I reckon this wouldn’t be such a big number if it weren’t for the fact they lay eggs… Again I can see your now saying ‘WHAT!?’
Think about what eggs make… Mayonnaise!

I’m a big mayonnaise fan; I have it with almost everything. The two best combinations are of course Tuna and mayo and Chicken and mayo.
So what am I getting at? Well chicken is nice on its own. But how often do we eat it on its own. Look at fast foods. There full of chicken sandwiches. All of them contain mayo. Why? Because they would by dry without it. I find chicken is a dry meat, the reason this could be a lot of the time is we’re scared of under cooking it for food poisoning. The advertising of kitchen cleaner fuels this in a big way by using children as the main target of being poisoned, so all mothers nuke the hell out of it. As such when you put this dry meat in-between two dry bits of bread you need something to moisten it… Mayonnaise.

I do not know of a chicken sandwich from fast food or supermarkets that do not have a “moist maker” in it and the majority of them are infact mayo.

Therefore, I feel if chickens were to stop laying eggs that weren’t fertilized (before you start telling me we’d run out of chickens very fast) we’d have no mayo, meaning over half the sandwiches and burgers involving chicken would disappear. As such less chicken would be being sold for consumption. Not to mention Tuna wouldn’t be very happy because I’ve never ever heard of just a “tuna sandwich” it always has mayo.
Therefore chickens are making their own demise by laying eggs to make the nations favourite condiment to eat them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment